18 May 2009

BT sucks!

Spain trip is in 5 days! We can't wait!

Daylight hours here are just weird! For example, the sun rose at 6:10 am and set at 8:15 pm in Fayetteville, NC. Here, the sun rose at 4:30 and set at 9:00.We have around 17 hours of sunlight during the summer. Yesterday we went the movies on base and the movie ended at 8:30. We went outside and it was still light out. It was very strange and satisfying at the same time.

Before we moved in our new house, we had an inspection done and had a walk through with a housing rep. She went over an hours worth of information. One of the things she told us was that we already had a BT (or British Telecom) hub in our house. We were not to let BT charge us a fee because the line was already there. BT is the company we are using for tv, internet and phone. I absolutely hate when I have to talk to these people (I'm saying these people...and I don't care) because they sound like they are Indian Scottish people. Take a second and try to imagine what that sounds like. I wish I could record them talking and put it on here because it's the funniest thing! Well, BT is trying to charge us 122 pounds (around 180 dollars) because we needed a electrician to come out to the house to set up the BT hub (the very same BT hub the rep told us NOT to pay for because it was already install). Well, in all reality I called and cancelled that appointment because it was extremely easy to set up the phone and internet and I remembered what the rep said. The company sends you the equipment in the mail. When I called them to ask why I had been charged an astronomical amount of money they said it was because the electrician (that never came because I cancelled the appointment) came out. Okay, I explained the situation to them and then I was put on hold. The man comes back to say that I have to pay that fee because I'm a new customer. Hmm...since when do you pay to be someones customer. I could not talk to that man any longer. Soooo....I'm going to call the housing office and get them to put this in writing, that I don't have to pay for this "installation fee".

No comments:

Property of the United States Air Force

Property of the United States Air Force