And this is why I still haven't memorized my cell phone number...it's 10 digits long! That's how all the phone numbers are here. Ha! This is also why the equivalent of 911 has to be pre-programmed into your phone. To dial for an emergency on base you have to dial 10 digits! At the newcomers briefing, they joked saying if you could remember all the numbers to dial in an emergency situation, then you do not actually need 911.
The car I got is a Japanese spec car. All this means really, is that the steering wheel in on the right side on the car just like British cars. It also means that the car's speedometer is in kilometers instead of miles. This made for an interesting time, before we got a GPS to give us the correct speed in miles. You will also notice that there are 92,942 kilometers (not miles) on the car.
I love the bizaares here on base. Lots of vendors from all over Europe to come to sell their goods. Here a two of my favorite things I that purchased this time. This is a handpainted pitcher, that I think I'm going to use as a vase. It was only 15 pounds. My friend, Andrea, got the same one!
This is a serving platter that I've seen the British serve sandwiches and/or sweets on.
It was also only 15 pounds!


No comments:
Post a Comment