We took these shots as the plane was getting closer to London!
The base: is located in a very rural area. We always see cute little rabbits running all over. There are also fat birds that we believe are peasants. It was sunny the second day we where here. We are told that it never downpours but it was be drizzly all day long. We really have experienced much rain. I'm sure we will get our share of rain! Everyone here is so nice. That's really good news. If you look in the pictures you can see the bunnies!
Driving: We took a short class on driving yesterday. We didn't have to drive with an instructor. Really? That seems sort of crazy. That seems lots of crazy. Well there were thirty questions. A lot of them were about the signs...there are a LOT of signs! The other part about driving is the roundabouts. We never stop at the beginning of a roundabout or a Brit will smack into you. They just yield to the right but it's not a Texas yield. You just have to get in the roundabout and GO. Oh yeah and you have to drive on the wrong side of the road!! I missed three questions and Ben missed two. I think we didn't pretty good. Oh and the instructor said that the better driver you are in the states the worse driver you will be in the UK! That's great to know. Ben says I should do great over here. Hmm... I don't know. The instructor was telling us about all these Americans that have died because of their driving in the UK. That was kinda scary. For instance, if a deer (which over here are the size of small dogs) were to run out you just hit it. You can NOT swerve off the road because they don't have shoulders on the any of the roads here! Some guy died by swerving off the road to avoid a deer. Also, it is illegal (this is coming from the base) for American's to pass someone on the road on a two way street. The reason is because we are sitting on the wrong side and we can see if it's safe to pass. It makes sense but a lot of people died doing that! Scary! I've heard and are now seeing that Brits drive SLLLLLOOOOWWWWW!!! Great...I thought we left that in Texas!
House: Okay so I called to find out where our stuff is and we got good news and bad news. Pick which one you want to hear first....okay...
Good news: Our household goods (these are the goods that left the US on a slow boat to China...not really :)) are here! Yay...exictement....joy...and they will be delivered the day after we move in, April 22nd!!
Bad news: The first shipment (these are the most important items! These are the items that we were to get first so were talking like kitchen appliances, towels, blankets, my BIKE, tv, you get the point) is NOT HERE!!!!! It's still in customs because they are "backed up" NOOOOOOOOO. Hmm... not sure when we will get those things. :(
Job: I'm going to go up to Lakenheath Elementary sometime next week. That is the ONLY elementary school on Lakenheath. The other one is like 20 minutes away. Don't think I could make it there on my bike. Which by the way...bikes are not allowed to ride on the sidewalk. I have to ride in the street like the cars do. I don't know if I like that law. Anyways, so LES is like a 5 minute ride! Awesomeness. I'll probably have to sub or volunteer but I'll let you know when I go up there to talk to them.


No comments:
Post a Comment