The plane ride went very smooth! I was actually watching a movie when the plane took off so I did very well. It took forever to take off. The flight was to leave at 6:20 but we didn't take off until 7:00ish. It took about 6.5 hours. I only took like20a two hour nap and Ben didn't sleep on the plane at all! Not a good choice for either of us. We finally found our sponser, her name is Teia (after finally finding my luggage...we almost th ought that it was lost.) It took as about 1.5 hours to get to base. We did a few things on base, ate lunch, went to the commissary. By 2:00pm we told Teia we were going to have to go sleep!! By this point we had been up for about 22+ hours! We slept from 2pm-9pm and then 9pm-8am! It was crazy, I think we should be okay by tomorrow!
The only other news is that we did find a house! We are going to be living on base (even though initally we didn't want to) The house is on RAF Lakenheath, in walking distance to the elementary school (Hopefully I can get a job there!!) It is about a 5 minute drive to RAF Mildenhall. RAF Lakenheath has the awesome commissary and better BX than RAF Mildenhall. The house has everything we wanted. It was tile flooring on the first floor, a HUGE kitchen, open floor plan (from the kitchen to the living room and dining room). It has a great backyard. There are three bedrooms and three bathrooms upstairs and lots of storage throughout. There is a garage and the neighbor is really nice. We are the first people to live in this house because it is brand new. We can have two pets, I was so excited about that part!!! YAY! Teia said that this was an amazing place because she has seen a lot of t he houses in the economy. She said she has never seen anything that what we have in England. There are a lot of good perks according to her to live on base. I can send pictures as soon as we move in, which is going to be April 22nd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Property of the United States Air Force


No comments:
Post a Comment